Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
Visitors since November
Page last updated April 19, 2001
An elephant can
smell water three miles away.
- A Saudi Arabian woman can
get a divorce if her husband doesn't give her coffee.
- A shark can detect one part of blood in 100 million parts of water.
- The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottle represents the
number of ingredients in the sauce.
|A rat can last longer without water than a
- Your stomach has to produce
a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
The dot over the letter 'i' is
called a tittle.
A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom
of the glass to the top.
|George Washington grew marijuana in his
- Some insects can
live up to a year without their heads.
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue!
- A female ferret will die
if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
Every night, wasps bite into
the stem of a plant, lock their mandibles (jaws) into position, stretch out at rightangles
to the stem, and, with legs dangling, fall asleep.
- Einstein couldn't speak
fluently when he was nine. His parents thought he might be retarded.
- A person cannot taste food unless it is mixed
with saliva. For example, if strong-tasting substance like salt is placed on a dry tongue, the taste buds will not be able to taste it. As soon as
a drop of saliva is added and the salt is dissolved, however, a definite taste sensation
results. This is true for all foods. Try it!
- A male emperor moth can smell
a female emperor moth up to 7 miles away.
|On average, 12 newborns will be
given to the wrong parents daily.
- John Wilkes Booth's brother once saved the life of Abraham Lincoln's son.
- Chocolate kills
dogs! True, chocolate effects a dogs heart and nervous system, a few ounces is enough to
kill a small sized dog.
- Daniel Boone detested
|Most lipstick contains fish scales.
Orcas (killer whales) kill
sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
Every person has a unique tongue print.
Donald Duck comics were
banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830's as medicine.
- The number of possible ways of playing the
first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
- Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower', because in the
time when all original print had to be set in individual letters, the
'upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the
smaller, 'lower case' letters.
There are no clocks in Las
Vegas gambling casinos.
- There are no words
in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple or silver.
- Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to
- Chewing gum while peeling
onions will keep you from crying!
Bruce Lee was so
fast that they actually had to SLOW a film down so you could see his moves. That's the
opposite of the norm.
- Bubble gum
- Human birth control pills work
- Casey Kasem is the voice
of Shaggy on Scooby-Doo.
The first CD pressed in the
US was Bruce Springsteen's 'Born in the USA.'
- Guinness Book of Records holds the record for
being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
- Babe Ruth wore a cabbage
leaf under his cap to keep him cool! He changed it every 2 innings!
- By raising your legs slowly and laying on your
back, you can't sink in quicksand.
Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
Cat's urine glows under a black light.
Note from Sunshine: I do not
claim the "facts" on this page to be either true or not true but it made for a
funn page just the same!! LOL
~ Thank you Robert Cox for sending this to me
Wanna spread some Sunshine ?
Please email this page to a friend !
198 seconds to load -
just seems longer!